Healing magnets are perfectly safe to use as there are no known harmful
side effects to using them providing you do not fall into the
• People with an internal pacemaker - the magnetic field may interrupt the
signal between the pacemaker and the heart. Magnets could cause a pacemaker
to malfunction. You may use magnetic products such as magnetic jewellery or
straps if your partner has a pacemaker,
but they should be removed for periods of intimate contact with your
partner, for example sexual intercourse.
• People with an internal defibrillator (machine which re starts the
heart) - the magnetic field may interrupt the signals between the
defibrillator and the heart, causing the defibrillator to malfunction. If a
partner is using therapeutic magnets follow the precautions for a pacemaker above.
• People with an internal insulin pump - a magnetic field could interfere
with the timing and delivery mechanism of the pump, causing the machine to
administer an incorrect dose of insulin. If your partner is using magnets
follow the precaution as per the pacemaker.
• Women during pregnancy - north pole (positive) magnetic fields stimulate
new cell growth. Because new cell growth is occurring in the foetus during
pregnancy there is a potential to increase cell growth within a developing
foetus. Tests have not been carried out to ascertain whether magnetic fields
produce abnormal cell growth in developing foetuses, so with the absence of
clinical data, to prove otherwise, it is recommended to avoid using magnets
during pregnancy. It is however safe to use magnets whilst breast feeding as
the magnetic field is not carried in breast milk.
• Children under the age of 12 years should not use magnetic
products, again because of the absence of clinical data to know whether
there are potential side effects. Although it is safe for them to drink
magnetic water as spring water is magnetic in it's natural state.
• During chemotherapy and radiotherapy - The aim of chemotherapy and
radiotherapy is to kill off cancerous cells. North pole magnetic fields
promote and stimulate new cell growth, studies have not seen any evidence
that magnets can stimulate the growth of new cancerous cells and to the
contrary there are study results that suggest that cancerous cells cannot
live in the presence of a strong magnetic field, but as there is always a
possibility of new cell growth during chemotherapy or radiotherapy it is
recommended to avoid using magnets during these treatments.
However it is
safe to use magnets before and after chemotherapy and radiotherapy and many
patients find the south pole very beneficial for treating the side effects
of many cancers.
• People who are undergoing dialysis as their immune system are
• Magnetic products should not be placed directly over an open wound or
trauma to the skin, where the skin is broken - for example on a burn. You
should place the healing magnets as close as possible to the wound but on
good skin. The same applies for ulcers. In case of leg ulcers where
compression bandages are being used, magnetic straps may be used on top of
the bandages to accelerate healing.
• People who use drug patches such as GTN or morphine patches should not
place healing magnets close to the area where they place the patch. This is
because there is a chance that due to the increase in circulation around the
area where the magnet is placed, more drugs that is required get absorbed in
the blood stream.
• People who are allergic to the components in the magnetic products. If
after you've started using magnets you have skin irritation, discontinue the
treatment and contact a magnetic therapist or your doctor. Although it is
quite common to feel warmth and sometimes a tingling sensation at the point
where the magnetic products are placed. You might also notice a slight green
skin discoloration if the magnetic product contains copper like when wearing
copper based magnetic bracelets. This is totally harmless and will naturally
wear off after a few days.
The people listed above should not use magnets in any shape or form even
magnetized water. If you are unsure if you are have any of the above
mentioned conditions call 0800 6121346 for free advice.
Keep your magnetic products away from computers, swipe cards or any other
electromagnetic device. (It is o.k to wear a magnetic product on yourself
whilst handling or working with electromagnetic device i.e you can wear a
magnetic bracelet and use a computer but do not keep your magnetic product
in contact with other electromagnetic devices for long periods)
If you do not fall in the above categories,
here's some magnetic products that
you might like to browse >>