Magnets can be used to treat a vast amount of ailments. They can be categorised into seven main groups, however these groups do not include all the possible ailments that can be treated there are some that will fall outside these categories but these are the main groups:
1. Joint disorders. This is any damage to the joints in the body such as Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Osteoporosis, disc prolaspe , disc degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, frozen shoulder
2. Bowel disorders. These will commonly be Chronís disease, Diverticulitis, Ulcerative colitis and I.B.S. But any bowel disorder with inflammation in the bowel can be treated with magnets.
3. Skin disorders. These include Eczema, Dermatitis and Psoriasis and any inflammation with in the skin.
4. Strain injuries. Typically repetitive strain injuries from work related repetition such as carpel tunnel syndrome or RSI or sporting injuries such as tendonitis, ligament damage, Achilles tendon damage.
5. Hormonal disorders. These encompass any disorder that is regulated by hormonal responses in the body. Such as Diabetes, insomnia, migraines, and period pain but it can be any disorder that is linked to hormone secretion even depression that is regulated by serotonin levels.
6. Circulatory problems. These include every disorder that is linked to the circulatory system mainly Peripheral vascular disease, poor circulation, high blood pressure, and restless legs.
7. Neurological disorders. These include M.S., stroke, Peripheral neuropathy and epilepsy and any disorder where there are disturbances in the neurological pathways.
Regardless of the condition to be treated magnets must always be placed as close to the point of pain as possible. I canít stress this point often enough, magnets are only effective on the local areas to where they are placed. It is not possible to treat the whole body with a magnet in only one area. I wish I could stand here and say that I could but I would be lying. You may be told by a wealth of market stall holders or craft fair stall holders who have a wide range of bracelets that if you just wear a wrist strap or a bracelet it will take all the pain away from all over your body no matter how far away from the magnet it is. This simply is not true. I would love it to be true because my job would be so much easier if it was true but it simply isnít.
Magnets have a very localised effect, so if you have a painful knee you need to place the magnets on the knee and if you have a bad back you place them on the back over the area of pain and so on all around the body. Where ever your pain is you need to get the magnets as close to the point of pain as possible. Now you do have people who say that they have a painful shoulder and they donít want to wear magnets on the shoulder or around their neck and they want to wear only a magnetic bracelet.
The answer to this problem is yes they may work if placed on the wrist but only if you have the correct type and strength of magnets. If you have what is called super strength magnets that are between 2500 Ė 3000 gauss and you are wearing sufficient amounts of them on your wrist, then you may well be able to treat your shoulder pain, but the results will not be as fast or as strong.<< Previous Page-----Next Page >>
magnet therapy is a natural alternative pain relief treatment for fibromyalgia, gout, arthritis, sciatica and many other chronic painful conditions.